There have been a lot of changes occurring globally, nationally, and industry-wide these past few weeks. Like many of you, we have been vigilantly watching the news and staying alert to what changes are occurring. As a company, we have crafted a plan with the necessary precautions to ensure we are best serving our homeowners.
As a business we are committed to our community, vendors, employees, and homeowners. In the wake of this disease, one of our main objectives is to limit contagion and its potential spread. In addition to our foundational health and safety measures we have added additional precautions.
- All personnel who are able, have been shifted to working from home
- All company-wide meetings are now taking place online, and we have eliminated group meetings
- Service technicians will take extra precaution when entering a customer’s home, including inquiring with customers if they have any symptoms of illness and wearing protective gloves whenever possible
- Employees and technicians who interact with homeowners are eliminating physical contact – we aren’t trying to be rude not offering a handshake, we are simply looking out for your safety!
- Technicians who have any symptoms of illness are taken off of calls until all symptoms and risk of infection has passed
- Employees are encouraged to stay home if anyone in their household is sick, if they feel any signs of illness, and follow our “CASCADE” policy:
- Clean hands often
- Avoid close contact
- Stay home if sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth, with unwashed hands
- Disinfect and clean frequently touched surfaces
- Ensure customer unique need are addressed
We know that home service problems occur even during illnesses and health concerns. Many of you have scheduled service or repair appointments, and many more will have unforeseen home service needs during the upcoming days and weeks. We are committed to offering top quality service and ensuring ultimate comfort for each family that we service. If you have concerns surrounding your appointment, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We are continuing to closely monitor the directives of the CDC and other health authorities and will keep you appraised to any changes in our policies. We wish you continued health, safety, and comfort.
—Clout Home Services